Thursday, June 14, 2012

6/13/12


                Today’s class was very short, and mostly focused on the paper that is going to be due next week.  I like how Paul doesn’t make us stay the entire time of the class. I remember taking my biology 101 class a few semesters ago which is a three hour long once a week class. I really dreaded taking long classes but my friends that took it before told me that they usually let you out early almost every class as long as you get all your work done.  However, that did not happen with the professor. She made us stay the whole time no matter what….
                Out of the two readings we had to do I found the one about Discourses to be more informative to read. I like how the author includes hierarchy into which Discourses are more accepted than others. Personally I found myself to be in three Discourses right away which were an accountant, Asian America, and Northern Californian.
                One of the Discourses I wish I was in is a basketball player. Speaking of basketball, the NBA finals game 2 is on at the moment and the Heat are winning! They need to win tonight or they will be down 2 games to 0 and teams that have been down 2 games to 0 in the NBA finals usually don’t make a comeback.
                Not until today that I know that blogging could be done professionally. I always thought blogging was something you just did when and where ever you felt like. It could be about anything as long as you’re personally interested in it.  Most of the bloggers I know are females that blog through tumblr which seems to be the most popular blogging site. Those tips or rules about blogging were very helpful as it informed me about what blogging really is. It’s like a personally online dairy in a sense that everyone and anyone can see if they know your site.
               

1 comment:

  1. I also found the tips on blogging very helpful! I also usually associate blogging with women and fashion but it is so much more than that. Business's use blogging as a form of social media and free marketing.

    ReplyDelete