Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/2/2012 Final Day of Class!

Today was the final day of class. It ended short and sweet with a pot luck party, presentations, and peer review of the final paper. Personally, the end was bittersweet because on one hand I’ve completed all my English course requirements but on the other I will miss how this class sparked my interest to develop my English skills more. There isn’t that many classes that I can say that I’ve did all the homework and felt intrigued and interested. This class taught me a lot without me even realizing it like how to improve on my own writing process, differences between personal and business writing, targeting your audience, and much more. 
                I hope everybody in class became better writers and good luck with what they are pursuing in life.
                I’m at a lost of what else I can write for this blog and I’m only at a hundred and forty eight words. I guess I can talk about the final paper. I don’t think the final paper will be too difficult to write but hard to fill five to seven pages I’m thinking, then again, maybe not because if you break it down piece by piece then you’ll probably have a lot to write about.  Really go into depth on what makes that author’s style his very own unique style.
                I did come away with becoming a better writer after everything from this class. A few articles I liked that we read that were assigned to us include Stephen King – what writing is, Klosterman’s  Mcdonald and Areanas, and a few other readings that Paul passed out in class. I thought they were all interesting or fun to read. However , I did not and still don’t like the Sondra Perl--"The Composing Process of Unskilled Writers"  article. May I suggest you give your future classes a hint about the difficulty of the article before assigning it Paul? (lol)
 Thanks for everything Paul and classmates!

3 comments:

  1. I think that everyone has become a better writer through this course! I am truly going to miss this course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you and I have a similar taste in reading, I also enjoyed all the authors you stated. Although some readings were either boring or dificult, it was nice for Paul to give us very different style of authors and writings, that made the class more enjoyable and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul was very helpful and understanding to our needs writing skill . I hope he continues to be a great teacher and continue to motivate others to become better writers

    ReplyDelete